Night storage heaters work by heating a bricks contained within an insulated box to a high temperature over night. Each storage heater charges for around 7 hours every night. Then once charged a baffle opens on the top of the heater to allow the heat to escape. The user then controls the heat output by opening the baffle via a control on the storage heater.
Night storage heaters will normally be on a dual electric tariff, either economy 7 or economy 10. There are many variants on these electric tariffs, but basically you will have a cheap off peak tariff which feeds certain circuits within your home, and a higher priced standard tariff for all other circuits in your house.
Common issues with storage heaters include:
- Lack of control,
- Heaters do not react to temperature changes
- By the evening the heater has cooled and you need to alternative forms of heating. If you work 9 to 5 you may also be tired of heating your home while you’re out at work.
Benefits Of Changing To Energy Efficient Electric Heating
Fortress SW Ltd are official Rointe Installers and a able to design and install a new energy efficient, controllable heating system to suit your premises.
Thanks to the easy to use controls and accurate digital thermostat you will be able to set programmes that are specific to each room within your house. That makes for potential savings by only heating rooms such as your bedrooms to your comfort temperature when you occupy them and using the setback temperature when the rooms are not in use. You can eliminate waste heating from your home, reducing the electric consumption of your home.
Rointe Kyros radiators will vary in width depending on the size required for the room however they are generally smaller in size and weigh much less too.
EXCLUSIVE THERMAL FLUID
The fluid used in our radiators is an exclusive high heat transfer mineral oil with a high thermal stability & no corrosion risk.
HIGH PURITY ALUMINIUM
With a thermal conductivity of 209W/(m*k), our aluminium has the best price/conductivity ratio on the market that favours air circulation.
AMBIENT SURFACE TEMPERATURE
Our radiators ensure the surface temperature does not exceed 43ºC (once reached steady working rate). The heat is distributed evenly throughout the radiator surface with no burn risk.
Coming Off Economy 7
Many people find that by changing their tariff to a standard single rate, they can save money on most of their electrical appliances in their home.
Changing is simple
- Contact your current supplier and ask to be removed from economy 7. With modern meters this can be done remotely. For older meters you may require a visit or to have your electric meter swapped to a single unit.
- Once swapped onto a standard tariff, use a utility comparison tool such as Money Supermarket to find the most competitive standard tariff available to you
- Contact Us to remove your storage heaters and install your new Rointe Kyros Efficient Radiators.
Replacing Storage Heaters Safely
Some older storage heaters used asbestos as an insulating board. However, since 1974 asbestos has not been used. If you have any doubts about your storage heaters insulation type please contact us. You can find a list of models containing asbestos from online resources such as the Asbestos Information Centre.